Upskilling & Reskilling
Improving skills is very important to ensure that employees are always able to adapt their skills in line with current developments.
Upskill Malaysia Portal
UpskillMalaysiaUpskillMalaysia is an online portal that centralises the programmes under Upskilling and Reskilling initiative across ministries and agencies for the Pelan Jana Semula Ekonomi Negara (PENJANA). This integrated online platform is activated to create an ecosystem that nurtures continuous skill enhancement, cross-skilling and promotes lifelong learning among the Malaysian workforce.
The objective of UpskillMalaysia are:
* To assist Malaysians in finding the right jobs and relevant training programmes to enhance their employability and prepare them for their future career within high demand industries;
* To improve marketability and competitiveness of job seekers, for them to be more resourceful with increased self-confidence for greater career opportunities;
* To assist employers in finding the right candidates to fulfil their work requirements;
* To manage and monitor programmes by ministries and agencies involved in Upskilling and Reskilling initiatives; and
* To create an interactive placement and training facilitation platform that is focused on assisting Malaysians source for opportunities for employment and generate sustainable income after completing the training programme.
EIS Vocational TrainingEIS provides vocational training with the aim of reskilling and upskilling the workforce. Insured Persons (IP) who are interested in attending training may consult Employment Service Officers (ESO) for advice. The training fee is paid directly to the training providers, while eligible training recipients may also receive a financial incentive. Vocational Training
Training Fee (TF)
* Eligible JSA recipients may be referred to attend vocational skills training after consulting their ESO.
* Training costs of up to RM4,000 will be borne by EIS.
* Training Allowance (TA).
* An incentive paid at a daily rate of RM10-20 depending on the recipient’s previous assumed salary.
* Training recipients must attend all mandated training sessions to be eligible.
To find out more info, you can visit our page.
UPSKILLING AND RESKILLING PROGRAMMES BY OTHER AGENCIES:
Digital Skills Training DirectoryDigital Skills Training Directory provides a catalogue of courses that address in-demand digital skills. These courses have been reviewed and endorsed by a panel of digital industry experts to guide you in selecting courses that meet your career needs for the digital economy.
To find out more info, you can visit the Digital Skills Training Directory website.
Upskil.myUpskil.my is a local platform that provides a variety of courses to help those interested in adding new skills or improving existing skills. Upskil.my has various quality courses and training at cheaper prices than usual and shorter time periods to provide flexibility to its users.
Each course attended will equip you with the skills, inspiration, and professional relationships to make it easier for you to plan your steps to achieve your next goal. Digital learning is also available here for those who are interested in learning according to their own time period and anytime and anywhere.
To find out more info, you can visit the UPSKIL website.
INSKENINSKEN is one of the agencies that provide opportunities and initiatives to assist the development of entrepreneurs in terms of capacity through various training programs and programs in the form of guidance under the auspices of the Ministry of Entrepreneur and Cooperative Development (MEDAC).
INSKEN also provides various entrepreneurship programs from various fields and sectors such as spa, food-truck, accommodation, sewing and others. The programs organized are based on the needs and demands of the industry in strategic collaboration with industry practitioners, professionals and government agencies.
To find out more info, you can visit the INSKEN website.
Malaysia Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)Malaysia Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) is an online learning course that is open to the people for free. The learning courses provided are collaborations with various Local Universities (19 universities) such as Universiti Malaya (UM), Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM), Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM), and many more.
A total of 461 learning courses covering various scopes of topics are available at Malaysia MOOCs. A total of 480 thousand students have used this platform to further improve their skills and knowledge in line with current developments.
To find out more info, you can visit the Malaysia MOOCS website.